Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Basic Safety Points For Repairing Home Appliances Internet Promoting For Appliance Repair Techs


Appliance Repair in ROUND ROCK, TX by appliancehub


When my spouse and I bought our townhouse, it came with a washer and dryer. Having our own washer, we donated the one that came with the house to charity. After doing a load of laundry, I noticed the dryer did not heat up. I had the maintenance man of my complex look at my dryer, and he told me what the problem was, but he is not able to fix it, and I had to call a repair shop. Being new to the neighborhood, I got out the phone book and started to call around to appliance repair shops. All the shops I phoned, had the same range in house call estimates of $48 to $50, and this would be applied to the repair bill, if hired. I talked to some of my neighbors, trying to get their opinion, on who they would recommend, since I have only lived here for two days, and was unfamiliar with the stores, only made sense. I got a name of a company, Doc's Appliance Service, in Utica, Michigan, from a lady walking her dog on my street. They do repairs on all appliances in the kitchen, laundry, as well electronics. Taking her advice, I decided to pay them a visit.

The shop itself is not fairly big, they allow customers to enter through the back as well as the front. I entered from the rear, walking past the rows of shelving, that seemed to be well stocked with just about any part imaginable. As I waited patiently my turn in line, I watched the people who came and went. The shop employees and customers, seemed to know each other on a first name basis, making it more appeal-able to me. This gave me an impression that people trusted this shop and continued to come back for whatever they needed. I told the gentleman behind the counter that I have an older dryer, from the early 1980's, it is a White Westinghouse brand, and exactly what the maintenance man told me what was wrong. The gentleman behind the counter gave me a rough estimate of $100 to $125. Prior to going to the repair center, other shops I phoned, had to order the part, and would take about a week to get this part in, but this shop had the part in stock. What I needed to be paired was the ignition coil. I know newer gas dryers can cost $350 new, and it just was not fitting into my budget, so I need to have it repaired.

I went home, and began to call around to appliance repair shops in the phone book once again. I got the same story, had to order the part, and the prices were slightly higher from $10 to $30. My decision was made to have them repair my dryer. I called up Doc's Appliance Service, and placed a request to have them come out and diagnose my dryer repair. The repair man was very friendly, and after looking at my dryer, it was the ignition coil ,as I had stated. I had my dryer working in about an hour, since it had to disconnected, reconnected and checked for leaks. I am very pleased with how I was treated as a customer, as the timely fashion of the service. It means allot to get neighbors opinions and to actually see, a company who values their customers. It brings to mind a small town, down home feeling, of trust and reliability. It has since been 7 months since I had my dryer repaired, and it is working very well. I know I will return to them for any future services I may need. This company is rated a perfect 10 from me, for the quality of service, friendliness, and availability of parts on hand.



LakeshiaGaul1234@gmail.com

Digg relaunches as a general <b>news</b> site

The new Digg has just been relaunched and is now available for everyone. The new website displays all contents on the frontpage with no option to dig deeper.

Digg relaunches as a general <b>news</b> site

Great <b>news</b>: Author of “You didn&#39;t build that” gets prime-time slot at <b>...</b>

It's not quite as good as getting the keynote slot, which will instead go to San Antonio mayor Julian Castro, but for Republicans, it's pretty darned close to perfect. Democrats gave Elizabeth Warren the prime-time slot just ...

Great <b>news</b>: Author of “You didn&#39;t build that” gets prime-time slot at <b>...</b>

The Daily Lays Off a Third of Its Staff - AllThingsD

News Corp. officials have publicly defended The Daily, which News Corp. CEO Rupert Murdoch thought would serve as a template for newspapers' transition to the tablet era. Murdoch's team worked closely with Apple and its ...

The Daily Lays Off a Third of Its Staff - AllThingsD

No comments:

Post a Comment